A work permit and residence visa is compulsory for all foreign workers working in Batam. If you already have a company that is capable of sponsoring you, then you can arrange a work permit ("IMTA") and residence visa ("KITAS") that will enable you to work legally.
The residence visa and work permit is valid for a period of one year, depending upon the nature of the employment, and can be extended for four times.
This is a complete package, and includes the following documents:
- RPTKA – Foreign Worker Placement Plan & Work Permit Approval from Ministry of Manpower.
- Working Visa & Work Permit – KITAS, IMTA, Foreign Workers Report.
- Multiple Exit Re-entry Permit
- Other Permits – SKTT, STM.
- "Skills & Development Fund" levy (Compulsory US$1,200 payable to the Ministry of Manpower).
- Smart Card is an Easy Way for frequent travellers at the Immigration Check Points, where the card holder doesn’t need to fill in the Disambarkation / Embarkation Card, no need to stamp passport, all immigration processes will be done at the Autogates. SEZ have Autogates at 8 seaports within Riau islands.
NPWP (Tax ID Number) is mandatory when you are resident in Batam more than 183 days within a calendar year. There is a fee of US$46 for processing the NPWP if this is required.
Terms: Payment in advance.