To obtain a work permit (IMTA) and stay permit (KITAS) for yourself as a director and any foreign employees in your PMA company in Bali, you'll need to follow these steps:

  1. Obtain an RPTKA (Expatriate Placement Plan): Your PMA company must apply for an RPTKA from the Ministry of Manpower. This document outlines the positions that will be filled by foreign workers.

  2. Pay the DPKK (Expatriate Manpower Utilization Compensation Fund): The company is required to pay USD 1,200 per expatriate employee to the Ministry of Manpower.

  3. Apply for a Limited Stay Visa (VITAS): Once the RPTKA is approved and the DPKK is paid, the company can apply for a VITAS for each expatriate employee at the Directorate General of Immigration. This visa allows the employee to enter Indonesia.

  4. Convert VITAS to ITAS: Upon arrival in Indonesia, the expatriate employee must convert their VITAS to an ITAS (Limited Stay Permit) at the local immigration office. This process includes obtaining a MERP (Multiple Exit Re-Entry Permit), which allows the employee to travel in and out of Indonesia during the validity of their ITAS.

  5. Obtain a KITAS: The KITAS (Limited Stay Permit Card) is issued by the local immigration office as proof of the expatriate's legal stay in Indonesia for work purposes. The KITAS is valid for up to 12 months and can be extended.

Some key points to note:

  • Directors and Commissioners of a PMA company are eligible for a 12-month KITAS, which can be extended for up to 5 years.
  • Other positions like managers and advisors may receive a KITAS valid for 6-12 months, depending on the discretion of the immigration officials.
  • Family members of KITAS holders can apply for a Dependent KITAS, which allows them to stay in Indonesia but not work.

Okusi Associates can assist with the entire process of obtaining work permits (KITAS) and stay permits (ITAS) for you and your foreign employees. This includes:

  • Preparing and submitting the RPTKA application
  • Arranging payment of the DPKK
  • Applying for the VITAS and converting it to ITAS
  • Obtaining the MERP and KITAS
  • Assisting with Dependent KITAS applications for family members

By engaging Okusi Associates, you can ensure that the process is handled efficiently and in compliance with the latest Indonesian regulations.

How can I obtain a work permit and residence permit as a PMA company director?
Okusi People

 Contact Okusi

Spinner Logo